Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm Back



After a much maligned and sudden retirement several months ago, I’ve had plenty of time to think. All of this thinking led me to the realization that I miss writing for this blog. Fortunately for the VT, my timing couldn’t have been better. Sexley has decided that he’s better off writing his own blog on his website (which is more of a journal so his friends can read about the day-to-day details of his life – lame), so the VT is left without its all important third-wheel. On a day when an all-time great (yet underrated) Jacksonville WR Jimmy Smith suddenly retires, I’m attempting to balance out his loss by once again blogging.


Even though I was absent in writing form these past few months, I wanted all of our loyal readers to know that I was still playing an integral part in the day-to-day (let’s be honest, once-a-week-by-once-a-week) operations of the VT. I was pushing Mark’s buttons, challenging Ek to realize that the majority of the VT fan’s didn’t care that he was spending all of his free time with Emily, and unsuccessfully trying to cajole James into writing more than one article in 3+ months of “contributing.” I finally came to the realization that the VT would be better served if I just wrote my opinions and thoughts. Now that I’m a few months older and wiser, I hope not to fall into the same traps I did the first time I was a VT member (promising specific articles that I never got around to writing, starting articles and never finishing them, etc.). Look for my first new contribution in a couple of days.

2 comments:

Mac said...

Welcome back Lew! and there's just no way to fit a "fourth scorer" into the triangle offense, so i did the honors of dropping Exley. Let's be honest, he was dead-weight. also he made a new blog without telling me (wasn't on the email list, that puta), and not linking to us on his "websites he likes" list...

i hope your comeback is fruitfu, and will provide us with much good reading in the days, weeks, months and years to come.

Lewis said...

Jimmy Smith was a key member of the SB franchise back during our subpar season (our 2nd year, which we will deny ever occured after I finish with this post). You are right though, he's legendary for those 3 catches for 37 yards when you have him in the line-up and 7 catches, 85 yards, and 2 TDs when you have him on the bench.

As far as Mac is concerned, you are right. There is no room for 4 scorers. My junior year in HS, my team tried to implement this strategy. Needless to say, we became a 3 scorer team, and I took on the role of defensive stopper (which is a scary thought). It's good to be back.