Thursday, September 08, 2005

Welcome to the Tavern

Well everyone, welcome to our blog, which has been named after The Village Tavern, which is probably the best restaurant in Wheaton - Cute waitresses, a full bar, multiple sporting events showing at all times, and two legitimate five-star items on the menu (The nachos and the chicken tenders, regular or buffalo - don't bother going there and getting anything else). Hopefully, for a little free advertising they'll refrain from suing us. Anyway, this is mostly going to consist of the various opinions of three Wheaton College graduates, as of yet we're looking at focusing mainly on sports.

I'll start with myself, I'm a self-admitted genius slacker (although I guess it's a little redundant to say "self-admitted" since I'm writing this about myself), I work in a financial aid office for an online school, and I've lived most of my life around Chicago, which is reflected in my sporting allegiances and probably other areas of my life that I'm not aware of. That's all you're getting from me, I don't need any angry readers slashing my tires in the future. I'll let the other guys describe themselves, although it might be funnier if I did it.

Anyway, you should keep reading this blog because:

1) You're getting three different perspectives on whatever we wind up writing about, plus all three of us are smarter than a lot of experts anyway (trust me).
2) It's eventually going to have tons of sweet pictures, links, and other things, as soon as one of us figures out how to do it.
3) Most of the other postings will be more entertaining than this one.
4) Let's face it, if you're randomly surfing around on blogger.com you probably don't have that much better to do.

All right, that's it. Welcome in, you may sit, enjoy your meal, and perform your task at your leisure.

No comments: