Saturday, May 27, 2006

Florida Sucks

As most (okay, all) of our readers here at the Tavern know, i hate Florida. Well, I love Tennessee (for past articles about this, click here), which means I hate Florida, so i suppose there is a little bit of a difference. And so, this past march was a painful time for me. I had to watch my beloved Volunteers squander their best season of my life time by playing poorly in the Tourney.

After that, i had to endure watching our hated rivals, a team we had beaten twice during the regular season, go all the way to the Final Four, and the proceed to win the National Championship. To add insult to injury like salt in a newly-christened wound, they did it by being carried by the player i most hate, and by far the ugliest player in Tournament History. Joakim Noah (that might not even be spelled right, and i don't even care...). And so, it brings me great joy to present the Village Tavern with a picture i've been meaning to post on here for some time. Here it is:


8 comments:

Lewis said...

Great pic...make sure that Yates sees this (even if it means Ek having to show him when he's in Florida for the 4th).

Ek said...

Wait...didn't Reggie Miller play in the NCAA tournament?

Anonymous said...

hey i gave u that picture.. the least you can do is mention me in the blog.. geez ur so ungrateful

Lewis said...

Jono...this is what happens when you get into an established relationship - you get taken advantage of...

Mac said...

Jono, my sincerest apologies for not giving the shout out. if it is of any consolation (and i'm not sure it will be), i have mentioned you on numerous other occasions, two articles that stand out in my mind were the Memphis Belle review, and the 'Ball park Dogs' article about our little trip to the Lookouts game...

Lewis said...

There is NO CONSOLATION for the feeling of being scorned by a lover. None.

Ek said...

Don't worry Jono, we'll give you so much mention on this site that you'll someday be at least a tenth as famous as J-Bug! Of course, since this site probably won't even get US to that point, I can't promise anything.

Lewdog, whoever it is, she doesn't deserve you...

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you are getting thoughts from this piece of writing as well as from our argument made here.

Here is my web blog; Read Full Report